Unable to login through Mac

Jump to solution
paula_gailey602
Community Novice

I can successfully login to my Canvas account through the app on my iPhone, yet when i try to login on my Mac, It says I have an invalid username/password. I have tried multiple times to reset my password with the "reset password" option below the login, but once i enter my email to get sent instructions to change my password, i never receive the email. I have verified multiple times that it is in fact my correct email and password to login. If anyone has any input on how to solve the issue, it would be much appreciated.

1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Paula,

I would love to get a little more detail about what you are using on your Mac to try to narrow this down, what browser are you using (and have you potentially tried a different browser on the same Mac)?

Also do you potentially have another computer (Mac or PC) that you have been able to try on and have you found the same issue across several computers or only restricted to the one Mac that you are unable to log in on?

With password resets, is that using the default Canvas Login page? (I am trying to ascertain whether your school uses something out-of-box or their own advanced configuration. The Canvas default login page looks similar to this:

335949_pastedImage_1.png

If it is the default page, then the emails certainly shouldn't go missing, and that may be something you need to reach out to Canvas Support for them to have a look, however, as you are unable to log in on a computer, that might prove difficult. It may be worthwhile reaching out to your School Support via https://support.kccd.edu  to see if they are able to assist you further (especially if your Canvas login page looks markedly different from what I have shown above).

Please let me know how you go with those few thoughts and we can dig a little deeper!
Hope that helps.

Stuart

View solution in original post