cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Unable to save Catalog course listing

Jump to solution

Hi. I have a user who is unable to save course listings she creates in Catalog. For some background, the person is using the latest version of the Chrome browser (Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)). However, when she tries to save the listing, an error message comes up saying 'course listing failed'. 

I am able to create a course listing along with other staff. So my question is: Has anyone else had this experience and if so how did they resolve it?  

I suspect that if its a localised problem and the Chrome browser is up to date, it could be an OS (Windows 10) issue.

Thanks in advance.

Greg 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yes. This happens if there are too many hyperlinks or a mail to link is in the rich-text editor. Let me know if you are still having issues. Also, make sure all items are selected and the code for the link has a dash and not underscores.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yes. This happens if there are too many hyperlinks or a mail to link is in the rich-text editor. Let me know if you are still having issues. Also, make sure all items are selected and the code for the link has a dash and not underscores.

View solution in original post

greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Hi Jessica. Thanks for your quick response to my question! Sounds like this could be the problem. I will investigate and find out if that is the case and let you know.

Cheers

Greg 

Perfect.

greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Here is an update on the situation. The problem occurs when plain text (non-formatted) is added to the Full Description Text Field for a course listing. The issue is only occurring on one computer with a Windows 10 update known to cause issues with https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/05/04/microsoft-windows-10-update-upgrade-problem-warn.... The rest of our computers that have a more recent version of Windows 10 are fine. Hopefully, by updating the computer with a more recent version of Windows 10, this issue will be resolved. Fingers crossed. 

Please keep us posted.

greg_lawrence
Community Participant

Okay - closing this off too, as the latest Windows 10 update resolved the course listing error I was experiencing (see image below).

316621_Course listing error - in live catalog.png