cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin44
Community Member

Unexpected error on student canvas app, iPad

Jump to solution

Since Thursday night I have been unable to log into the Canvas app on my iPad. It asks me to select the school I belong to, prompts for my username and password and then says that there has been an unexpected error before the app locks up. I have reset all setting on the iPad, removed and redo loaded the app, and been into the canvas setting and removed all of the tokens but nothing works! Can anyone offer any suggestions for me please? #unexpectederror

spoke to canvas support and they say this is a worldwide issue due to the domain name change BYU has undergone. They are working on a fix Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin44
Community Member

Thanks for the help Bobby, spoke to canvas support and they say this is a worldwide issue due to the domain name change BYU has undergone. They are working on a fix

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @admin44 , That sounds like a nuisance!

This might not answer your question but could be a possibility. In our State all schools use Canvas so instead of putting the school in when it asks to select the school we have to put canvas.education.tas.gov.au no matter which school we are at. Perhaps you need something similar?

Hope this at least helps eliminate possibilities. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @admin44 ‌,

I'm sorry to hear you can't log in. These issues are generally some disconnect between your school's login and the Canvas app. I would suggest you reach out to your local Canvas support and see if they can help you work through this issue. If not, please report back and we'll see what we can do to help. Thanks!

admin44
Community Member

Thanks for the help Bobby, spoke to canvas support and they say this is a worldwide issue due to the domain name change BYU has undergone. They are working on a fix

View solution in original post

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Glad you found an answer in the making  @admin44 ‌