cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kendalce

Uninstall redirect link

Jump to solution

I tried to create a redirect link to a Teams group, but that failed to work. Now I can't seem to uninstall the redirect link. Help?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Since each Redirect link makes a unique item in the Course Navigation, the easiest way to remove the link you no longer need is to hide it and disable it. This lesson will show you: How do I manage Course Navigation links?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mr_langelett

If you're wanting to completely remove the redirect you set up, Go to Settings, Apps tab, click View App Configurations.  Your redirects will each have a little settings icon...you can either edit the settings from there or delete it completely.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Since each Redirect link makes a unique item in the Course Navigation, the easiest way to remove the link you no longer need is to hide it and disable it. This lesson will show you: How do I manage Course Navigation links?

0 Kudos
mr_langelett

If you're wanting to completely remove the redirect you set up, Go to Settings, Apps tab, click View App Configurations.  Your redirects will each have a little settings icon...you can either edit the settings from there or delete it completely.

sszabo
Community Participant

This should be the _official_ answer. It helped me a lot. Thanks!

0 Kudos
linda_brown1

This thread has been useful for reading about deleting Redirect items. However, I do not have "edit" via the settings cog. When I click it, the message reads, " Placements". That message then leads to a window with "App placements/Course navigation/Assignment & Link Selection". Does this sound as though that function is locked by my institution or am I missing something? Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Hi @linda_brown1 ...

You might want to have a chat with your school's local Canvas administrator.  They may have added the Redirect Tool at your school's Canvas account level rather than at the course level.  I think the way it works is on your installed apps screen, if you see the "i" icon next to the name of an app, that means it's usually installed at an account or sub-account level, and you cannot delete it from your course.  But, if instead you see the cog wheel/gear icon, then that external tool LTI has been added at the course level, and you could delete it from your course.

How do I use the Canvas App Center in a course? - Instructure Community

Check out the section on "View Account-Level Apps" and "Manage Course-Level Apps".

I hope this will help a bit, Linda.

linda_brown1

Thanks so much, Chofer. I think my situation fits somewhere in between the two that you have kindly described. To investigate a bit further, I went back to a previous redirect in another course and can see the cog/edit. So I fear it may have been locked down (excuse the expression) by our admin. If I learn anything new, I'll update on this page. Cheers, Linda