cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwenzell
Community Participant

Hi.  This is my first semester using Canvas.  I am using Unplag as my plagiarism checker.  Is there a good way to show students how to upload their essays on there?  Also, how do I get to Unplag to see the results?  Can I have it so that it shows up in the menu column on the left?  Thanks!      Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
i_klymenko
Community Participant

Hello James, feel free to check text and video manuals on the Unplag's Certified partner. The way to connect Unplag to a standard Canvas assignment is to change a Submission Type to external tool and specify Unplag (the app has to be installed by admin first). Then students can submit the assignment, as per instructions in this manual. For viewing results, check this section of the teacher's manual. As for the menu on the left - Unplag app is intended to be used with Canvas assignments only at this time - we are in communication with Canvas team regarding improvement of integration framework for plagiarism checkers and new framework will be released by Q2 2017.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
i_klymenko
Community Participant

Hello James, feel free to check text and video manuals on the Unplag's Certified partner. The way to connect Unplag to a standard Canvas assignment is to change a Submission Type to external tool and specify Unplag (the app has to be installed by admin first). Then students can submit the assignment, as per instructions in this manual. For viewing results, check this section of the teacher's manual. As for the menu on the left - Unplag app is intended to be used with Canvas assignments only at this time - we are in communication with Canvas team regarding improvement of integration framework for plagiarism checkers and new framework will be released by Q2 2017.

View solution in original post