cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianjo
Community Member

Unsubmitted Assignment Grade

Jump to solution

Is there a way to set the default scores of all unsubmitted assignments to "0" without having to do each entry individually in Canvas 2020? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @brianjo ...

I'm not sure if this will help to answer your question, but you might want to take a look at this Guide: How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook?.

Also, on a side note, Canvas does not have a version or year...such as Canvas 2020.  It's just Canvas.  🙂

Please let Community members know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @brianjo ...

I'm not sure if this will help to answer your question, but you might want to take a look at this Guide: How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook?.

Also, on a side note, Canvas does not have a version or year...such as Canvas 2020.  It's just Canvas.  🙂

Please let Community members know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dmello2
Community Participant

Relatedly, if I set a default grade on an assignment, does it provide a grade to students who only have submissions (which is what I'd like it to do)? In other words, students without a submission on that assignment (it's missing) should have no grade entered.

Hi  @dmello2 ,

Setting a default grade will input that grade for all students regardless of submission status. It will ignore any grades you have already entered, unless you tell it to overwrite those grades. You can find out more here: How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook?

julie_mills
Community Member

I'm struggling with this too, and the Default Grade settings explanation doesn't help.  I have my gradebook set to enter 0 and missing once an assignment is past due.  I've learned that because of some submission types, they get marked missing, but not marked with 0.  So I at least thought I could save some time by choosing default grade as 0.  Nope, chose Default grade as 0, didn't choose the "overwrite" checkbox as I wanted the other grades to remain the same.  Nothing happened.  No zeros and I have to hand-type them all in.  Hope you can help!