Updating Assignment/Module Due Date

Jump to solution
courseadmin
Community Member

Hello, we're having difficulty updating our assignments and modules - specifically the due dates. Is there an ongoing maintenance issue or issue with your system? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@courseadmin 

Here is the status page for Canvas.

There is nothing showing there recently, but that doesn't mean that there are individual problems that exist.

There is a list of current issues with Canvas.

These are known and recognized issues that include steps to reproduce and an expected behavior. There are lots of issues with Canvas that never make that list.

There very well could be a problem as you described. Normal trouble shooting is to try reloading the page (my wife was saying something the other day about she could only change one thing -- I think it might have been in modules) and then it wouldn't let her click the button anymore.

If that doesn't fix it, you try it in another browser.

If you have pending OS updates, install those. I often find that Windows acts wonky when there are pending updates.

If you are familiar with the browser's developer tools, you can always check to see if there is an error popping up in the console. That's a little advanced.

What normally happens if none of the normal diagnostics doesn't help is to file a ticket with Canvas Support. This is a global community of users of the Canvas LMS software. Most of us are end users like yourself, not employees of Instructure, and we cannot answer the question about "your system." Questions asked here in the Community don't get put into Instructure's tracking system. Going to Help and choosing Report a Problem may (depending on how support is set up for your institution).

View solution in original post