Updating a question's Additional Comments

Jump to solution
bburd
Community Member

When I created an exam, I put each question's solution in the Additional Comments box for everyone to see. I don't allow students to see these additional comments until after I've manually graded the exam. While grading the exam, I noticed a mistake in one of the solutions, so I went back and edited the Additional Comments for that question. But when I look back at Speed Grader, the Additional Comments for that question are unchanged. When I unhide the exam, will students still see the old, incorrect Additional Comments? If so, is there any way I can fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@bburd 

Unfortunately, I think the students will see the original version.  My experience (and my answer is based on just my experience) is that once a student accesses a quiz, that version of the quiz is what is saved for them.  Any modifications you make are only available to those students who have not accessed the quiz already.  

There is probably information regarding this action in one of the instructor manual pages, but I have not looked for it.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of how Canvas handles quiz distribution will chime in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes