Upload already created courses

Jump to solution
rherty
Community Novice

Good afternoon,

I created two courses within a free version of canvas. I exported both courses that I created so that I would not lose the content. The school I work for, Aristoi Classical Academy, just paid for Canvas and gave me access. I am trying to upload what I already created, but I can not figure out how to do so. When I go to dashboard, nothing is there, so I can not figure out how to upload.

The IT department at my school also spelled my first name wrong. I went to setting to see if I could edit it, but I can not see haw to do so. 

Thank you kindly,

Rebekah Herty

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rherty  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

In order to import the content that you exported from your free account, you'll need a course in your school's instance into which to bring that content. Since there are no courses displaying on your dashboard, you'll either need to create a new course using the Start a New Course button on the dashboard, or if that isn't displaying, reach out to your local Canvas admin to request a new course shell for the imported content. While you're doing that, also ask them to change your name, as in most cases the local admin for a school provisions courses and users on students' and teachers' behalf.

View solution in original post

0 Likes