cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgrimsley
Community Member

Upload photographs

Jump to solution

I use an app called Class Dojo. Within this app I can use a class story where I am able to upload photographs of my students working instantly. Is there a possible way to do the same through CANVAS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgrimsley ​...

I have no experience with Class Dojo and had to look at their website to get an idea of what you were talking about.  From what I gather on the website, you can take a photo of students in your class, share it within the app, and as long as parents have access to your class account within the app, they can see the photos of their kids working in your class.

To my knowledge, there is nothing inside of Canvas that would allow you to do something similar.  Thinking outside the box, what you could do is create a private folder on an account such as Google Drive or Dropbox where you would upload a photo.  You would give parents a link only to that folder location that they would know about.  (Nobody without the link would have access.)  Or, if there was a similar way to do this on a photo sharing website, you could do that.  Or, if you wanted to create a private group on Facebook where you would have complete control over the membership, you could maybe do that, too.

Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there for you to consider.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgrimsley ​...

I have no experience with Class Dojo and had to look at their website to get an idea of what you were talking about.  From what I gather on the website, you can take a photo of students in your class, share it within the app, and as long as parents have access to your class account within the app, they can see the photos of their kids working in your class.

To my knowledge, there is nothing inside of Canvas that would allow you to do something similar.  Thinking outside the box, what you could do is create a private folder on an account such as Google Drive or Dropbox where you would upload a photo.  You would give parents a link only to that folder location that they would know about.  (Nobody without the link would have access.)  Or, if there was a similar way to do this on a photo sharing website, you could do that.  Or, if you wanted to create a private group on Facebook where you would have complete control over the membership, you could maybe do that, too.

Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there for you to consider.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post