cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eparrish3
Community Member

Uploading a .csv for only a fraction of the students?

Jump to solution

As a TA in a larger lecture course I am responsible for the grades of about a third of the class. If I create a .csv of just my students and upload it to Canvas will it overwrite grades input by the other TAs for their students?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vanzandt
Community Champion

It should only upload or override grades for the students included in your csv file. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vanzandt
Community Champion

It should only upload or override grades for the students included in your csv file. 

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @eparrish3 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 20, 2018.  It looks like vanzandt posted a reply to you later that morning.  Have you had an opportunity to review his response?  Did his feedback help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions as it relates to your above question?  (I'd also recommend checking out this Guide: How do I upload changes to the Gradebook?)  If you feel that Todd's feedback has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance with your question, please come back to this thread to post an update so that members of the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for quite some time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Ethan.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

eparrish3
Community Member

Chris, 

Apologies for the delayed response. I've been in the field for the past month and am only getting to my emails now. I'm sorry for not marking that correct when it was originally posted. I've gone ahead and done so now.