cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aishay
Community Member

Uploading multiple MCQ at once

Jump to solution

How do I upload multiple questions at once into a question bank. E.g. from an excel spread sheet full of MCQ questions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aishay , greetings! The only way that you can import questions into Canvas as quiz questions is if you have them in QTI format. I did a little research and unfortunately, if you are creating your questions by hand, it doesn't look like there is an easy converter from Excel to QTI. What we use is Respondus to convert our exams into QTI format and get them into Canvas. I believe they have a free trial and it might be worth trying out.

Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aishay , greetings! The only way that you can import questions into Canvas as quiz questions is if you have them in QTI format. I did a little research and unfortunately, if you are creating your questions by hand, it doesn't look like there is an easy converter from Excel to QTI. What we use is Respondus to convert our exams into QTI format and get them into Canvas. I believe they have a free trial and it might be worth trying out.

Kona

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @aishay  Thank You for posting your question.  I'll add on to what  @kona  stated.  I've written an entire blog posting on the Respondus 4.0 Exam Authoring Tool.  If you'd like to look through it, please go ahead.  And, if you have any questions about how to use it, please let me know.  Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus  This blog is in the Canvas Admins group here in the Canvas Community, so you may need to do a couple things to see it:

• Use the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins link, and click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.
  • On the same page, click on the "Actions" button at the top right corner, and then choose "Join group".

I hope this will help, Aisha.