Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grahamj2
Community Member

Uploading to Canvas

I want my students to be able to upload their hand written math homework to 

an Assignment Page on Canvas. I need to tell them how to go from taking a 

picture of it on their phones to actually turning it into a pdf and uploading it to the page. Can 

someone tell me how to do that? I am very low tech...Please don't assume I understand anything. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @grahamj2 ...

While I have not tried this myself, here is something that may work.  I did a quick Google search to see what results I could find for mobile apps that can convert a photo on a mobile device to PDF.  One of the first ones that came up was an app called "Scanbot".  In the iOS store, user ratings currently have it at 4.8 starts out of 5 stars.  (I'm sure there are other apps out there that would provide similar capabilities.)  There is also a version available for Android devices.

While I cannot give specific instructions on how this might be accomplished (because it will vary depending on device), once your students have taken a photo of their written work, they should be able to then use the Canvas Student app to then submit the assignment to you (including their attached PDF file).

I hope this will be of help to you, Jon.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!