cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darleneanderson
Community Member

Uploading videos to discussion on Canvas

Jump to solution

How do I attach a video to a discussion on Canvas. There is no attach/paperclip icon at the bottom of any reply box like there is on this one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @darleneanderson  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community. There are two possible ways to do this, and you are correctly looking for the first one: the ability to attach a file using a paperclip icon. By default, that setting is NOT enabled for discussion topics, and your instructor would have to enable that ability on their end.  So perhaps the instructor just forgot to do that, in which case you will want to get back to her/him.

The other method--which you should be able to use right away--is by attaching a media file using the Discussion reply's rich content editor.  This method is outlined here:  How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?   So, click the Reply link beneath the discussion and you will be in Canvas' rich content editor.  Then follow the directions given on that link.

I hope this helps, Darlene!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @darleneanderson  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community. There are two possible ways to do this, and you are correctly looking for the first one: the ability to attach a file using a paperclip icon. By default, that setting is NOT enabled for discussion topics, and your instructor would have to enable that ability on their end.  So perhaps the instructor just forgot to do that, in which case you will want to get back to her/him.

The other method--which you should be able to use right away--is by attaching a media file using the Discussion reply's rich content editor.  This method is outlined here:  How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?   So, click the Reply link beneath the discussion and you will be in Canvas' rich content editor.  Then follow the directions given on that link.

I hope this helps, Darlene!

View solution in original post

How to upload videos?