Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher444
Community Member

Using Canvas Gradebook with breakdown of results

Jump to solution

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to setup Canvas Gradebook so we can see the results for each criterion in a task. Following this ... how can these reulsts be exported to another school Markbook?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Teacher444  Each third-party SIS independently manages the features of its integration with Canvas. I'm not familiar with Sentral but in general Canvas syncs students' grades with an SIS for individual assignments as well as final grades. More information is available in our SIS resources at  Student Information Systems (SIS).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, @Teacher444 ! You'll want to construct a system that uses outcomes, rubrics, and the Learning Mastery Gradebook to set up outcomes measurement. Can you elaborate on "another school Markbook"? Student participation in a course cannot be exported to a different Canvas course or a different instance; however, many schools integrate with a third-party SIS to store official grades of record.

Here are some resources to get you started:

How do I create an outcome for a course?

How do I use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to vie...

How do I sync grades to Banner? (this is an example for schools using Banner; your school may use a different SIS)

Please provide additional details, and our members will do our best to assist.

Teacher444
Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

Our school integrates with a third-party 'Sentral' to store official grades. Our aim is to go from Canvas Gradebook to 'Sentral' to student reports automatically...

So is my understanding correct, that individual student task results can't be exported, only the final grade? This is causing an issue (Applied subjects in Qld) as the final grade is not a summation of all tasks but rather meant to be a summation of the criterion within each task, for example:

Knowledge and understanding

Analysing and applying

Evaluating and creating

Task 1 A-E A-E A-E  
Task 2 A-E A-E A-E  
Task 3 A-E A-E A-E  
  Averaged Result Averaged Result Averaged  Result Final Result

Any suggestion?

Thanks

@Teacher444  Each third-party SIS independently manages the features of its integration with Canvas. I'm not familiar with Sentral but in general Canvas syncs students' grades with an SIS for individual assignments as well as final grades. More information is available in our SIS resources at  Student Information Systems (SIS).

View solution in original post

Teacher444
Community Member

Thank you