cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irwin
Community Member

Using Enrollment API with SIS Id

Jump to solution

Is it possible to use the SIS Id to enroll a user in a course instead of using the Canvas Integer Course ID? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Community Champion

Irwin,

Have you tried sis_user_id:SIS ID? I have found with Canvas's APIs you can normally tack on sis_ in front of the parameter when calling an API and it will then allow you to use the SIS ID you have assigned to the student or course.

Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @irwin ​...

I am going to share your question with the Canvas Developers here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get more exposure over in that area.  If you want to join that group, just head on over to the Canvas Developers and join.

Hope this helps!!!

bneporadny
Community Champion

Irwin,

Have you tried sis_user_id:SIS ID? I have found with Canvas's APIs you can normally tack on sis_ in front of the parameter when calling an API and it will then allow you to use the SIS ID you have assigned to the student or course.

Brian

View solution in original post

irwin
Community Member

Thanks Brian. I'll try that with the course id.

irwin
Community Member

Brian, that does work.  I can use this configuration in the url

/api/v1/courses/sis_course_id:C-123456789/enrollments

Thanks.

pamedmoston
Community Participant

Hello,

I would like to use the sis_user_id to enroll students using the enrollment api, do you know if this can be done? Can you share an example of how to do this (how to format the url variables to do this)?

Thank you!

Pam