cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgorman

Using Quiz Completion Requirement and Check Marks

Jump to solution

I am teaching a course using Canvas.  I recently added quiz completion requirements in a module.  I am requiring the students to take 5 quizzes which I assumed upon completion, there would be a green checkmark next to the submitted quiz.  I tried to take the quizzes in student view to see if it worked, but only one of the 5 quizzes showed a green checkmark despite my having done all 5 quizzes.  What could be the problem?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
janieruddy
Instructure
Instructure

As the test student, did you click 'Submit Quiz' after answering the questions?  I ran a test and created a module with 4 quizzes and made it a requirement to submit each one.  A green check did show for each quiz in the module.  The other troubleshooting suggestion is that in the requirement of the module, you added a requirement for EACH quiz that you wanted the students to submit.  So, you should see a list of four requirements in that module.  Also, be sure that you chose to submit the quiz.  Otherwise, if you chose to score at least, the green checks will not appear until the quiz is graded and the desire score has been reached.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
janieruddy
Instructure
Instructure

As the test student, did you click 'Submit Quiz' after answering the questions?  I ran a test and created a module with 4 quizzes and made it a requirement to submit each one.  A green check did show for each quiz in the module.  The other troubleshooting suggestion is that in the requirement of the module, you added a requirement for EACH quiz that you wanted the students to submit.  So, you should see a list of four requirements in that module.  Also, be sure that you chose to submit the quiz.  Otherwise, if you chose to score at least, the green checks will not appear until the quiz is graded and the desire score has been reached.

tdelillo
Community Champion

I agree that it probably has to do with the module requirements. Make sure you add every quiz as a requirement, or doing the quizzes won't generate the checkmark. A common misconception is that the "Students must complete all of these requirements" means the students must complete every item in the module, whether it was added to the list of requirements or not.

Thanks for the help. Yes, it related to the requirements button and

submitting the quiz. All is good now.

Dave

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM, janiesolinski-ruddy <instructure@jiveon.com