Using a QR Code to Claim a Badge

Jump to solution
tengrrl
Community Participant

Hi again,

I'm beginning to feel like "Our Lady of the Many Questions." 

Now I'm working on adding Badges. In the online docs, I found details on Awarding and claiming a badge using QR and claim codes, but I can't find this feature anywhere. 

I can't tell if my school hasn't purchased the right package, or if it's a feature that I haven't turned on. Any tips on where to find the QR codes or how to tell what capabilities I have at my school?

I have asked our school Help Desk, but haven't heard back yet. Thought someone here might be familiar with what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help,
Traci Gardner

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tengrrl,

I won't call myself an expert with Canvas Credentials / Canvas Badges / Badgr at all, but I know a little since I've been investigating them recently too.  I can tell you that the article you linked to is in the "Canvas Credentials (Badgr Pro)" section of the guides, and the Pro version is a separately licensed and paid for product apart from Canvas LMS.  There is a free version of Badgr, but the features are more limited and it's a different section of the guides.  So I think the answer is the feature you're looking for is likely only in the paid version of Credentials that you probably don't have right now.

As an aside, I really hope Instructure cleans up the naming conventions for this tool (or set of tools).  I know all these terms for it: Badgr, Badgr Pro, Canvas Badges, Badgr Groups, Canvas Credentials...  I think some of the names are sticking around for legacy users who are used to them, but as someone who is coming in as a new user, it's just super confusing trying to figure out what is what.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes