Using my Practice CANVAS for next year?

Jump to solution
cschultz2
Community Novice

I am working on createing a canvas class before we 'go live' in ... October?. Teachers in our district have been advised that we will be using CANVAS this year and I am attempting to 'educate' myself before the actual training. I have been working on my CANVAS page. Can I 'keep' or transfer the data I have been working on to my school CANVAS account? I really do not have any other information and not part of a team in this area. I am a teacher in Oxnard, CA with Oxnard School District. Best way to reach me is through my email at cschultz@oxnardsd.org.

0 Likes
1 Solution
themidiman
Community Champion

Any content you create is exportable or transferable to another course. If your work is in the same instance of Canvas where you will be teaching the course, you can use the course import feature to copy from one course to another. 

See: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? 

If your prep work is in a different instance of Canvas than the one you will be teaching from you can export the entire course into a file and then import that file into the 'teaching' shell:

See: How do I export a Canvas course? 

and...

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12783-how-do-i-import-a-canvas-course-export-package 

View solution in original post

0 Likes