Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathyb

Version of Flip grid?

Jump to solution

Does my corporation have to purchase flip grid or can I get a classroom version in order for it to work with Canvas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevin9

Hello! My name is Kevin from the Flipgrid team.  I'm happy to answer any questions on this!

We do not charge for any LTI integration with Canvas. Flipgrid has two versions

1. Flipgrid One which is 100% free for anyone to use. This gives you access to 1 grid (essentially a course or private community) and includes unlimited discussion topics and unlimited video responses.
  2. Flipgrid Classroom which is only $65 per educator account (no accounts or costs for participants/students). This includes unlimited grids and access to all our premium features like replies-to-responses, adjustable video length, and topic launch/freeze.

Both versions can be LTI integrated with Canvas. With Flipgrid One, you are just restricted to that 1 free grid.  Full details on how to integrate can be found at Integrations — Flipgrid Resources 

The vast majority of our users are educational and non-profits but many corporations find value out of Flipgrid and are welcome to sign up as well.

Reach out with any questions. Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kathyb ...

This sounds like a question that should be asked to the people at Flipgrid.  When I've integrated 3rd party LTIs with Canvas, I usually reach out to the maker of the LTI to see if there is a cost associated with it or not.  Some are free, but some do have either a one-time fee or even a subscription fee to use.  I have found the following websites for you that may be of help:

I hope this information is of some help to you, Kathy.

@chofer ‌

Thank you for your reply! I will look into that with Flipgrid today.  There are a lot of people talking about using it with Canvas on Twitter, but nobody is really say what version they are using. 

Thanks again for your Help!

Kathy

kevin9

Hello! My name is Kevin from the Flipgrid team.  I'm happy to answer any questions on this!

We do not charge for any LTI integration with Canvas. Flipgrid has two versions

1. Flipgrid One which is 100% free for anyone to use. This gives you access to 1 grid (essentially a course or private community) and includes unlimited discussion topics and unlimited video responses.
  2. Flipgrid Classroom which is only $65 per educator account (no accounts or costs for participants/students). This includes unlimited grids and access to all our premium features like replies-to-responses, adjustable video length, and topic launch/freeze.

Both versions can be LTI integrated with Canvas. With Flipgrid One, you are just restricted to that 1 free grid.  Full details on how to integrate can be found at Integrations — Flipgrid Resources 

The vast majority of our users are educational and non-profits but many corporations find value out of Flipgrid and are welcome to sign up as well.

Reach out with any questions. Thanks!

@kevin9 ‌ thank you so much for this information! It is of much help moving forward. I will pass this along to other teachers in my building that had the same question!

traciebosket
Community Champion

Hi  @kevin9 ‌,

Do you know if there is a way to set Flipgrid so students do not need to enter there names every time they submit a video? It is super annoying, and I can find any info.

traciebosket
Community Champion

Oh, to Everbody, use this code for a 45 day full version trial...

SHANNONMILLER

This came from The Library Voice: I Have A FREE 45-Day Trial Of Flipgrid Classroom For You! 

Tracie

Hi traciebosket‌,

We actually do this automatically for our Canvas users!  If your grid is integrated with Canvas and your students are accessing Flipgrid from within your Canvas course, it will auto-fill the first name, last name, and email with their correct credentials.  Just make sure they are accessing from within the Canvas course (not Flipgrid stand-alone).

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

traciebosket
Community Champion

Oh sweet! I integrated it, so I'm going to try it right now...

traciebosket
Community Champion

This totally works Smiley Happy

Next question; I have a transcript on my video, but as a student I cannot see the transcript. Do you know how to make the transcript visible to students?