cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian_mirag
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Video and audio media recording tool

I am trying to embed a video webcam and/or audio recording and have found that shockwave no longer is supported using Google Chrome. The recording tool automatically defaults to Shockwave thus rendering the function inoperable. Is there a solution besides switching browsers?

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @christian_mirag ​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since September 11th.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you've found any solutions to your question since you first posted this question.  If so, could you please come back here to post an update?  Also, if you are still looking for help/ideas with this, please indicate that as well.  Thanks Christian!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@christian_mirag , since we haven't heard back from you, we're hopeful that you have found a solution that works for you. It does appear that switching browsers is the appropriate remedy--and fortunately, that's relatively easy to do. I'm going to mark this question as Assumed Answered, but if you still need assistance, the topic remains open for participation.

Stefanie,

I haven't found a fix using Chrome yet on a MacBook (which might be the

problem). However, I don't have the same problem if I utilize a Chromebook.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM, stefanievsanders@gmail.com <

christian_mirag
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I actually tried on the Chromebook and found the same problem.  Although the camera was accessible it did not allow me to record.  I ended up recording audio  off of Quicktime Player and then uploading file.