Video discussions recorded in Canvas disappear and never fully upload.

Jump to solution
DeniseKnowles
Community Member

I've searched the boards and find that several people have been asking about this issue from all the way back to 2019. When will Canvas correct this? I can't tell you how many times classmates and myself have utilized Canvas to record video discussions only to have them disappear after hitting SAVE. Sometimes it looks like they are uploading, but then often disappears. (It doesn't happen all of the time, but a great majority of the time.) This isn't a problem with internet as some questions state. This isn't a problem with not waiting long enough for the video to save or that the video is too long. (It's happened with 3 minute videos before.)  I'm using Chrome and I've tried Safari, it's happened in both places. Is there a better choice?  It could be a problem only on Macs....  I'm not sure, but it is very frustrating to record response after response only to have it disappear. I have started to record on my device using QuickTime, and linking to Canvas, but this is not how my professor likes it submitted. Please fix this problem. Until then, please tell me where the videos are saved on a mac so I can, at least, find it and not have to rerecord.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @DeniseKnowles ...

Sorry to read that you are having difficulties with videos in your courses.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to Canvas technical support and file a ticket with them so they can investigate this issue with you.  We here in the Canvas Community don't have access to your course(s) or your school's Canvas environment, so this would be difficult for us to troubleshoot here with you.  Once you contact Canvas Support, please let us know how this was resolved...thanks!  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

View solution in original post