cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susan_kiefhaber
Community Member

Video image in Canvas

My webcam records me (I am a Sign Language instructor, so I use video) right handed. When I use the filmstrip icon in Canvas, it records me in a mirror image. I would like it not to. Can I get instructions on how to change this, and how do I get the answer? This is the first time I have used this. I will tag it I guess.#record video

Tags (2)
3 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

If I remember correctly, it will film you in mirror view because that's what the mind is used to, but will play the video in the proper view.  I haven't messed with the Kaltura integration (which is what the filmstrip is) but as far as I'm aware it's a pretty lightweight interface without much in the way of controls.

ryan_corris
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@susan_kiefhaber ‌ I just created a video using the filmstrip icon in the Canvas rich content editor.  Mine did not record as a mirror image or play as a mirror image.  What device and operating system are you using when recording your videos?

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@susan_kiefhaber ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie