Video was "Unable to Process" in Canvas Studio

Jump to solution
SusanRoss
Community Novice

I have tried to create 3 separate videos in Canvas Studio. I am using Chrome and recording directly in Studio. I used the webcam record so that students can see the document camera. 2 of the 3 videos failed to upload and gave the error "Unable to Process". The first time this happened, i re-recorded the video 2 more times. The third time was the charm for that video and it uploaded. The last video I recorded again said Unable to Process. Is there any way to recover that video? This is very frustrating. Basically I have created 5 videos, only 2 of which successfully uploaded.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SusanRoss ...

It's a bit difficult to diagnose what might be going on, but are you trying to keep your videos under five minutes in length?  Based on what you've provided, I am assuming that you are using this part of Studio?  How do I record a Canvas Studio video using a webc... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Have you tried contacting Canvas Support at all?  They may be able to log in to your school's Canvas environment to see if they can help diagnose any other issues that might be causing your videos to not upload properly to Studio.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

Please keep us posted.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes