cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwacaster
Community Member

Is there a way to require students to watch the entire video clip that is in a module? I know about the requirements in sequential order, but I have students who will just click the video and move on to the next requirement. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alwacaster  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Do you know if your school has purchased the Arc product from Instructure?  This is the first thing that came to mind when I read through your question.  Arc is a video/audio platform that lets students comment on videos through a discussion interface (different than the Discussion topics you can already create in a Canvas course).  From an instructor's point of view, you can also see the "Insights" from your students on who is watching the video and who is not.  You can also see exactly which parts of the video they are watching and which parts they are skipping over.  Arc may not get to your exact question of "requirements", but it may be helpful for you being able to see who is watching your videos and who isn't.

There is a series of Arc Guides here in the Community that you can look through here: Guides: Arc (these can be accessed by clicking on the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Community and then selecting "Arc").  Or, there are two tutorial videos that were recently released that you may be interested in viewing (these videos are located in the "Guides" >> "Videos" page at the very bottom of your screen):

(All Users/Students)

(Instructors)

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Alan.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alwacaster  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Do you know if your school has purchased the Arc product from Instructure?  This is the first thing that came to mind when I read through your question.  Arc is a video/audio platform that lets students comment on videos through a discussion interface (different than the Discussion topics you can already create in a Canvas course).  From an instructor's point of view, you can also see the "Insights" from your students on who is watching the video and who is not.  You can also see exactly which parts of the video they are watching and which parts they are skipping over.  Arc may not get to your exact question of "requirements", but it may be helpful for you being able to see who is watching your videos and who isn't.

There is a series of Arc Guides here in the Community that you can look through here: Guides: Arc (these can be accessed by clicking on the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Community and then selecting "Arc").  Or, there are two tutorial videos that were recently released that you may be interested in viewing (these videos are located in the "Guides" >> "Videos" page at the very bottom of your screen):

(All Users/Students)

(Instructors)

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Alan.

View solution in original post