cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_mcgrath
Community Member

Viewer Limits for Conferences

Jump to solution

How many people can join a conference in Canvas at the same time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ffdixon
Community Champion

Hi,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and while can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

The limit of 100 is not hard-coded.  You could do 101, 102, etc.  

BigBlueButton is designed to let you engage students and collaborate with them.  It's not designed for a 'webinar' type tool that is only for one-to-many (which is what you find when you have > 100 users).

We do recommend keeping the sessions under 100 users for best performance.

Regards,... Fred

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sam_mcgrath ...

I do not know if there is a limit or not, but  @ffdixon ‌ should be able to help answer that question for you.  Good luck to you!

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI  @sam_mcgrath ‌,

Per the documentation (What are Conferences?), 

Conferences can accommodate as many users as needed, though the recommended guideline is a limit of 100 users.

ffdixon
Community Champion

Hi,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and while can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

The limit of 100 is not hard-coded.  You could do 101, 102, etc.  

BigBlueButton is designed to let you engage students and collaborate with them.  It's not designed for a 'webinar' type tool that is only for one-to-many (which is what you find when you have > 100 users).

We do recommend keeping the sessions under 100 users for best performance.

Regards,... Fred

View solution in original post

slow
Community Participant

Thank you for your response to those questions.  Is there a Time Limit for the conference?