cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Viewing Attachments in Submission Section in Canvas App

Jump to solution

Is there anyway other than inbox function to see the attachments in Comment Submission under Submit Assignment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI  @ashok_thapa ‌, 

When I attach files from the web, I am noticing the same thing. 

309638_IMG_4468258C846A-1.jpeg

Unless you can find some kind of pattern for me to test, I would suggest you open a ticket with Canvas. I do know that there is a complete redesign of assignment submissions and details about to be released, so I'm not sure how much attention this will get, but it's worth the ticket. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Ashok - You should be able to see Submission Comments and the attachments under the Submission Tab. (How do I view Assignments in the Student app on my iOS device?) Please reply and let the Canvas Community know if you found the attachment you need.

ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Hi  @KristinL 

Thank you for writing back.

Our teachers most of the times attach files and link in sub309585_pastedImage_1.jpgmission comment in response to students query in an assignment so students and teachers are in same page in the communication.

Please refer to the screenshot when student can not access the attachment but have information on the attachment passed from instructor.

thanks

Ashok

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI  @ashok_thapa ‌, 

When I attach files from the web, I am noticing the same thing. 

309638_IMG_4468258C846A-1.jpeg

Unless you can find some kind of pattern for me to test, I would suggest you open a ticket with Canvas. I do know that there is a complete redesign of assignment submissions and details about to be released, so I'm not sure how much attention this will get, but it's worth the ticket. Thanks.

View solution in original post

ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Hi  @rseilham 

thanks for the information. As you are also facing the issue, clearly its not only on our end.

I tried this with browser , no issue there. This is however addressed in inbox function. But we lose the context of the communication when switching between the functions.

I will write back when I have more info. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

I totally understand losing context. That's a big deal. The assignment feature in the app is overdue so I hope this will fix itself in the future. Thanks again for your message. 

ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Hi  @rseilham 

I am with Canvas Support in regards to this case.

any update I get, will post here Smiley Happy

Cheers

Ashok