cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adieken
Community Member

Viewing Grades by Module

Jump to solution

I am a TOSA and am working to get elementary teachers excited about Canvas.  One question to which I don't have an answer is, "How to view grades by module?" in the gradebook.  It seems the only ways to view grades are by points, due date, or alphabetically.  She would like to see the gradebook as she would a physical gradebook - sorted by subject, for example.  Is there a way to do that for elementary teachers using Canvas?  If not, can a feature be added where grades can be viewed by module?

Thanks!

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @adieken  and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I'm proud to say that I have no idea what a TOSA is, and even prouder to add that it doesn't matter to me, I will help everyone.

One trick the some of my faculty use, is to create Assignment Groups that are titled the same as the modules, then put each assignment into it's appropriately titled assignment group. The Canvas Grade Book will create a total column for each assignment Group - thus, each module. Learn about assignment groups at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10149-415241291 

If you would like to suggest a feature idea, you can learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Now, just for the sake of an old man's fragile humility - what is a TOSA?

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @adieken  and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I'm proud to say that I have no idea what a TOSA is, and even prouder to add that it doesn't matter to me, I will help everyone.

One trick the some of my faculty use, is to create Assignment Groups that are titled the same as the modules, then put each assignment into it's appropriately titled assignment group. The Canvas Grade Book will create a total column for each assignment Group - thus, each module. Learn about assignment groups at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10149-415241291 

If you would like to suggest a feature idea, you can learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Now, just for the sake of an old man's fragile humility - what is a TOSA?

I hope this helps,

Kelley

adieken
Community Member

Hi, Kelley,

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly!

P.S. A TOSA is a “Teacher on Special Assignment” - I’m out of the classroom for the first time in 24 years to assist teachers with Science, Innovation, and Technology.

Best,

Anne Dieken

Teacher on Special Assignment: Science, Innovation, and Technology

Claremont Unified School District

(909) 398-0609 x70283

adieken@cusd.claremont.edu

Now that sounds like some good clean fun,  @adieken  !