cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amanda_L_Albrig
Community Contributor

Viewing Rubric from First Assignment Submission

I have a student who was given the option to resubmit an assignment. The assignment uses a rubric. I wanted to be able to compare the rubric ratings for the first submission with the rubric ratings for the second submission. I do not seem to be able to see the rubric ratings from the first submission. Am I missing something?

6 Replies
Amanda_L_Albrig
Community Contributor

I just went to Grading History thinking if I reverted the grade to the previous score that it would change the Rubric back to the first version. It does not; so that is not the answer. Seems like if you are using the Rubric for grading and you revert to a previous grade that the Rubric should revert as well. Bug??

Hi  @Amanda_L_Albrig ​...

That is quite interesting!  I just re-created the same thing...where I submitted a document to an assignment as a "dummy" student...graded it as an instructor in my sandbox course, and re-submitted the assignment as a "dummy" student, and then re-grading it using the same rubric.  When I went to the Grading History and reverted back to the original score...it did not change the rubric.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but my recommendation would be to notify the support people at Instructure about it.  You can do this by clicking on the "Help" button on the left side of your Global Navigation menu within Canvas.  There should be a link or two to contact tech support.  Please come back here to update this thread based on what you hear.  Thanks Amanda!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @Amanda_L_Albrig , we haven't heard from you in a while. Was Canvas Support able to shed some light on this, and if so, would you take a moment to update the Community on what they told you?

Hi Stephanie,

I have not heard anything further on the issue.

Amanda

@Amanda_L_Albrig ​, please provide your case number so we can determine the whereabouts of the ticket you sent.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Amanda_L_Albrig ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? Can you please provide us with your ticket number so we can dig a little more? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie