Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_pettit
Community Member

Viewing Two Assignments at the Same Time

Jump to solution

Updated

I need help so I can see two assignments on screen at same time so I can grade at same time?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @robin_pettit ​...

What you'd probably want to do in this case is to have two instances of Canvas open at the same time.  Then, you could re-size your browser windows so both are next to each other.  There's no way I can think of to do this in just one browser window...unless you were willing to have two tabs open in your browser and switch between them.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your question because you're already asking the same question in the body of your message (not necessary to repeat in the subject line).  I will also add some additional tags to your posting.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can make any necessary modifications.  Hope this is okay with you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @robin_pettit ​...

What you'd probably want to do in this case is to have two instances of Canvas open at the same time.  Then, you could re-size your browser windows so both are next to each other.  There's no way I can think of to do this in just one browser window...unless you were willing to have two tabs open in your browser and switch between them.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your question because you're already asking the same question in the body of your message (not necessary to repeat in the subject line).  I will also add some additional tags to your posting.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can make any necessary modifications.  Hope this is okay with you.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your answer, but I have had both of them on the screen at work at the same time, but cannot open them on my home computer at the same time.  I appreciate you helping me with modifying my question though.

Hi again,  @robin_pettit ​...

On your home computer, have you tried having two different browsers running at the same time...such as Firefox and Chrome?  You should be able to sign in to your Canvas account with both browsers open.

No, I suppose I will have to do that, I was not wanting to do it that way, but will try it.  Thanks, there is a setting however that you can have both up at same time, just not sure what it is.  I love Canvas, but until I get all of the glitches worked out, it can be very aggravating.   Thanks again for your help.

Robin

No problem.  I'm not aware of a setting within Canvas that allows for this.  Might this be a setting within the browser?

@robin_pettit , I agree with  @chofer  that this is not a setting in Canvas. I just opened two assignments side by side in Canvas using the Firefox browser (Firefox 41.0.1 on a Windows 7 machine), and it works just as well in Chrome. You can open the assignments in twp different browsers and arrange them next to each other, or you can open both assignments in the same browser using separate tabs or separate windows.

There are several ways to navigate to the assignments; one navigation path is through the Gradebook, where you can click on the arrow that appears on the right side of the assignment column header, right-click on Speedgrader, and select Open Link in New Window. Do the same thing for the next assignment, resize and arrange the windows side by side, and you can view both assignments simultaneously.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

I just noticed that a feature idea requesting the capability to view multiple assignments in SpeedGrader simuntaneously is going to open for voting on November 4 (next week):