cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choms001
Community Member

Viewing discussion thread by date?

I'm wondering if there's a way to view the items posted in a discussion forum by date rather than alphabetically by name of student, as it displays now.  It's a graded discussion and I'd like to go through the items in the order they were posted so that the earlier posts get handled sooner.  Thanks for any advice on whether that's possible and how to do it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
choms001
Community Member

I need to amend my question to ask something related.  I see that in the discussion forum itself, it's organized by date, but in the Speed Grader, it's organized by who posted.  I'd like to be able to read the items in order of posting (as in the forum) but post a grade at the same time (with only the particular student seeing the grade, of course).  Can I post the grade from the Discussion Forum itself or do I have to have the Speed Grader open in another window/tab in order to do that?

0 Kudos

Hi Carol ~

There should be a button in the window that displays a student's submissions. Near the top, you should see a prompt similar to this:

330900_pastedImage_2.png

You are then able to see the entire thread (or group's thread) in the Speed Grader window while still being able to evaluate a single student.

0 Kudos