cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marian
Community Member

Viewing eportfolios

I want some people without canvas accounts to be able to see my eportfolio. When they click on the links to see documents in my portfolio, they get a canvas sign-in page. How can they see the actual documents and not just the list of them?

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

marian, to make your ePortfolio publicly viewable, follow the instructions in How do I make my ePortfolio public?

marian
Community Member

My eportfolio IS already public. People can see the document list, but not the actual documents.

marian, are you uploading the files directly from your computer, or are you providing links to the files that reside in other Canvas courses or in your MyFiles area? If the latter, only those people who are authorized to view those courses and/or your Canvas instance will be able to access the linked files, because they reside behind authentication. Try uploading the files directly into the ePortfolio and see if that works. If it does not, I recommend that you submit a Help ticket by clicking on the Help button in your Canvas account and selecting the Report a Problem option.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi marian​...

We have not heard from you since late August.  stefaniesanders​ has given you some good advice here, and so I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered".  If you want, you can mark one of her answers as "Correct" as well.  If you (or others) still have questions around this topic, please feel free to post a reply so that members of the Community can help you.  Thanks Marian!