We can all delete assignments that have a SIS ID?

Jump to solution
a_craik
Community Contributor

Am I going mad...?

Assignments created with a SIS ID by API can be deleted by a teacher on the course? Shouldn't things that have been given a unique ID by an institution's Student Information System be protected from deletion by anything other than admin level/admin API... because they have been formally created by the institution because they need to exist...?

Is there some course role permission that I'm not spotting that says "can delete SIS-generated content"?

So confused... isn't this really essential?

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @a_craik  

While I consider this to be more of a school policy issue rather than a technology issue, it is helpful if technology can support policy since working with teachers can often be as challenging as herding cats - I know, because I am also a teacher.

Have you considered leveraging the power of Blueprint courses for this purpose?  Learn more at...............

If this route does not meet your needs, you may want to consider submitting a feature request. Learn more How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

And for the record, I have been the LMS admin through several LMS, and none have included this capability. That does not mean, of course, that perhaps some of those other products have not since added this capability.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes