cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidi1
Community Contributor

Weight all quizzes equally within a weighted category

Jump to solution

Along these lines, do we have the ability to convert "show points" to "show weights" within  a category in Assignments?  I ask, because I have faculty who want to use the "drop lowest" rule, but they want to know which score is lowest by weight and then have the option to pick which assignment they drop.

Thanks,

Heidi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@heidi1 ​, no, you can't convert an Assignment category from show points to show weights. I'm not sure what the Instructor means by drop the lowest by "weight," but the way Canvas does it is to drop the assignment that would impact the student's score the most negatively (regardless of the percent grade). See the top of this guide for more information - How do I create rules for an Assignment Group?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@heidi1 ​, no, you can't convert an Assignment category from show points to show weights. I'm not sure what the Instructor means by drop the lowest by "weight," but the way Canvas does it is to drop the assignment that would impact the student's score the most negatively (regardless of the percent grade). See the top of this guide for more information - How do I create rules for an Assignment Group?

View solution in original post

heidi1
Community Contributor

Very helpful. Thank you, Kona.

Heidi