Weighting grades mid-course

Jump to solution
david_tracey
Community Novice

I am several weeks into a course I set up using points for each quiz or assignment without inputting how the weight of each entry should count towards the total (I somehow missed that option during the set-up). I read a recommendation here to assign a new group for each quiz or assignment but I still don't see where I'm to enter its percentage towards the final grade. Also Canvas won't let me change group assignments for quizzes/assignments already completed. Any ideas?  

1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi David Tracey,

Well here's the information on how to set up the assignment weights: How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups? 

But you also mention:

Also Canvas won't let me change group assignments for quizzes/assignments already completed. Any ideas?  

I'm not sure what you mean by group assignments. Are you referring to Group assignments where students have worked together on an assignment? or are you referring to the Assignment Group?

In this example, I have a Bonus group for the extra work for credit that makes the total go above 100%.

Assignment groups weight with a bonus category

I'm guessing you want all your quizzes to be worth the same amount toward the grade even if they have a different point value, so yep you'll have multiple quiz assignment groups all with the same percentage.

Hope this answer helps,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

0 Likes