Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbolton

What CSS is 'allowed' in uploaded stylesheets?

Jump to solution

I uploaded a stylesheet but nothing worked. Finally after clicking waiting clicking waiting (x1,000) I realised that the only custom CSS that worked was that applied to html tag elements (p,h1,h2, etc). Custom classes don't work, and IDs cannot be set. Is there any way to get around these limitations?

For example, what if I want to use CSS grids?

UPDATE

For some reason classes are now working(!)

Now to work on some JS via another single file upload.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@sbolton ,

Do I understand your update to mean that this is no longer an issue? I don't know of any limitations with the custom CSS or JavaScript like there are with the Rich Content Editor and the HTML Whitelist.

When testing things, you may want to clear your browser's cache.

The other thing I can think of is that you don't have the correct or specific enough of a CSS selector in your custom CSS. For example, if I have a class named .section but Canvas has one named ul .section, then theirs is more specific and my changes wouldn't show up inside an unordered list. Also, they sometimes specify stuff using inline styles, which means you'll need to use the !important to override it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Community Champion

@sbolton ,

Do I understand your update to mean that this is no longer an issue? I don't know of any limitations with the custom CSS or JavaScript like there are with the Rich Content Editor and the HTML Whitelist.

When testing things, you may want to clear your browser's cache.

The other thing I can think of is that you don't have the correct or specific enough of a CSS selector in your custom CSS. For example, if I have a class named .section but Canvas has one named ul .section, then theirs is more specific and my changes wouldn't show up inside an unordered list. Also, they sometimes specify stuff using inline styles, which means you'll need to use the !important to override it.

sbolton

Yeah resolved. Not sure exactly what the problem was. Probably cache related. Anyway thanks for the input!

I am of course taking care to prefix class names so as to avoid clashes with Canvas styles. (for anyone else interested..)

Steve