cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexander_mitch
Community Participant

What are the expected behaviors when renaming linked items?

Jump to solution

Hello, all!

This is the behavior I've noticed (and I know others have as well):

When you create a link to another course item within the RCE, and then edit the name of that item, it breaks the link.

• Is this true for all types of items (Pages, Assignments, Modules, etc)?
  • Is this true regardless of how the page is renamed (through the Modules page, or the individual item, etc)?
  • Are there any other things we should know about this phenomenon?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @alexander_mitch  Thank You for posting your question.  While I may not have an exact answer for you, I wanted to at least share this link with you which you may find useful/helpful: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1985-update-all-links-when-page-name-changes" modifiedtitle="t....  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote up on it and maybe even post a comment to it letting Instructure know why that kind of capability would be important to you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @alexander_mitch  Thank You for posting your question.  While I may not have an exact answer for you, I wanted to at least share this link with you which you may find useful/helpful: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1985-update-all-links-when-page-name-changes" modifiedtitle="t....  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote up on it and maybe even post a comment to it letting Instructure know why that kind of capability would be important to you.

View solution in original post

lic
Community Participant

Expected behaviour would be, that links follow the new name of the page.

Having people suggest Canvas fix it is not a solution to the problem. Canvas really needs a "not an issue we want to address now" button as an alternative to "solution", because this is still an annoying problem for those of us, who try to develop content.