cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisw1
Community Participant

What happens to teacher assignments after the term ends

Jump to solution

This is our first year with Canvas and, as the Canvas Admin, want to know what happens to Teachers assignments after the school year ends? Do they lose everything and have to create again? Is there any documentation what I should be doing to prepare for the end of the year?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @chrisw1  and  Welcome  to the Canvas Community!

None of the content in a Canvas course is lost after the term ends - neither student nor teacher content. It would be a disaster if it was lost, both from a productivity and a legal perspective.

In preparation for subsequent terms, there are several options available: Instructors can copy content from the previous term's course (only course content is copied, not student enrollments or submissions), or if you are using master courses or templates, instructors can copy from those.

I would also suggest that you join the Community Group https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/strategies where new schools can learn some awesome tips, tricks and techniques from experienced users.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @chrisw1  and  Welcome  to the Canvas Community!

None of the content in a Canvas course is lost after the term ends - neither student nor teacher content. It would be a disaster if it was lost, both from a productivity and a legal perspective.

In preparation for subsequent terms, there are several options available: Instructors can copy content from the previous term's course (only course content is copied, not student enrollments or submissions), or if you are using master courses or templates, instructors can copy from those.

I would also suggest that you join the Community Group https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/strategies where new schools can learn some awesome tips, tricks and techniques from experienced users.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post