What is a subscription to a Discussion forum intended to do?

Jump to solution
hussainh
Community Member

As an instructor, I have unsubscribed to a certain Discussion topic (but I am still subscribed to others). However, I still receive an email notification for each comment posted on the Discussion topic to which I have *unsubscribed*. How do I (a) stop receiving an email notification for each new comment posted on the Discussion topic to which I have unsubscribed, but (b) continue to receive an email notification for each new comment posted on Discussion topics to which I am still subscribed? Thank you. 

1 Solution

Hello  @hussainh ...

I agree with the feedback that you received from  @Renee_Carney ‌.  However, I also agree that you should not be getting notifications about discussion replies that you are not subscribed to.  To be clear, when you look at your "Account" >> "Notifications" screen in Canvas, do you have the row for "Discussion Post" configured the way you want?  This is the row that deals with subscriptions.  If you hover your mouse over the words "Discussion Post", you'll see some pop-up help text that says, "New discussion post in a topic you're subscribed to".  If you are still getting notified about topics that you are *not* subscribed to, then I would recommend that you file a ticket with the folks at the Canvas Help Desk (How to contact Canvas Support) so that they might be able to investigate this further.

I hope this helps, Hammad.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post