cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmthomas
Community Participant

What makes the number (indicator) change on the course tile or course cards on the dashboard?

The indicator number on the discussion board icon located on the course card or course tiles on the dashboard seems to change, but has nothing to do with when the discussion boards are read. Is it when new discussion boards are created? How does that number go down, is what I am wondering about.

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rmthomas ...

Both of these Guides say that this number indicates "the number of new activity items published in the course", but it really doesn't say much more than that.  You might want to post a message to the bottom of one of those Guides (or maybe even both) asking if the Canvas Docs Team would consider adding clarification to the documentation that tells more about the number that is generated.  Here are the links for you:

How do I view course cards in the Dashboard as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12880-4152719653 

I hope this helps, Rita!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rmthomas ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

rmthomas
Community Participant

Thanks, yes, that reply was helpful.

jon_stocker
Community Participant

Can the Doc team clarify how this number on the Discussion indicator on a course card is generated, is it re settable, and more.  I am getting questions from professors about this and they want it to change or go away.