Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Community Champion

What's "Restore"?

Jump to solution

Greetings!

We encountered a feature in Canvas we've never seen before called "Restore". It appears within a user's course membership profile (People > Gear icon > Edit Details.) What is that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgibson1​, when I pulled it up it looks like it has to do with concluding a student... so maybe it's to "restore" them back to the course so they aren't concluded anymore? Honestly I have no idea and when I moused over it there was no extra information.

Memberships.jpg

Update: I did a little hunting in the guides and per this guide it looks like it is used to restore a concluded enrollment - How do I restore a concluded enrollment in a course?. The only issue is that the screen shots on this guide don't match what I'm seeing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgibson1​, when I pulled it up it looks like it has to do with concluding a student... so maybe it's to "restore" them back to the course so they aren't concluded anymore? Honestly I have no idea and when I moused over it there was no extra information.

Memberships.jpg

Update: I did a little hunting in the guides and per this guide it looks like it is used to restore a concluded enrollment - How do I restore a concluded enrollment in a course?. The only issue is that the screen shots on this guide don't match what I'm seeing.

View solution in original post

canvas_admin
Community Champion

Kona is correct.   We use this all of the time to conclude our students when they are finished with a course since our courses are on rolling registration.   Sometimes, there has been an issue or misunderstanding and we use the "restore" to put the student back in the course.