cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssandwick
Community Member

When will Quizzes.next grade correctly?

In trying to make assessments in quizzes.next last spring, my coworkers and I noticed that any question involving multiple answers - ordering, categorizing, multiple responses or drop downs, etcetera - was graded as all-or-nothing.  Getting 5 of 7 responses correct results in a score of 0.  I noticed this week that the problem still exists.  Is this on the radar for a fix?  It makes quizzes.next fairly unusable for me, so I must use the old quiz type.  I am hoping that the original quiz function stays around for a while, at least until February (after the semester)?

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ssandwick ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I'm sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since September 30, 2018.  It appears that you may have stumped the Community with your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we've not heard back and to see if you've been able to come up with a solution on your own since you first posted this question.  If so, would you be willing to share your solution in this thread?  If you're still looking for some help, though, please let us know that as well so that someone might be able to assist you.  I've shared your topic with the Quizzes.Next User Group‌ here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  You'll also want to click on the "Actions" button (near the "Follow" button) and then choose "Join group".  Finally, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find an answer for you...but more because we haven't heard back from you and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Scott.

bricha44adm
Community Member

Let me add my voice to what Scott wrote, in that questions with multiple answers option is giving an all-or-nothing grade in Quizzes.Next. This is opposite to what the present Quiz engine provides and one which our faculty depends on. It would be more helpful for these type of questions - ordering, categorizing, multiple responses or drop downs - to allow faculty to be able to choose whether they want all or nothing (Nurse certification exams do this) or partial grades depending on the number of the correct options chosen, to give a grade to the student. This would be like a checkbox depending on which they want to assign to that question.

Update to the post:  Just noticed that there is a voting presenting open on this issue. Highly encourage as many persons to up-vote this Partial Credit option.

Thanks

Bruce