Where did my Toolbar Go?

Jump to solution
JACKIESACKS
Community Member

Students uploaded PDFs, for some reason I no longer can access my toolbar to provide direct feedback as on all previous assignments.  My assignment set up allows text, files (not limited).  I do have rubric for assessment and peer review set up, but want to mark up their essay drafts.  Please advise, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @JACKIESACKS 

I just tested this in one of my courses, since I was doing a bit of grading anyways, and the Annotations features was working as expected. Check this guide, and see if it helps, How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader?

The guide includes the following "Notes" which may or may not be appropriate in your case:

• "Files over 100 MB and password-protected files will not be converted by DocViewer.
  • Annotation tools are not available for text entry assignments.
  • SpeedGrader may take up to ten minutes after an assignment is submitted to display a file that supports DocViewer.
  • In mobile devices, DocViewer annotations are only fully supported in the Canvas Teacher app.
  • If an assignment is anonymously graded, students will not be able to view instructor annotations until the assignment is unmuted or assignment grades have been posted.
  • If students have enabled the Submission Comment notification, they will receive notifications when you add comments to their document. If annotation comments have been made anonymous, students receive notifications that do not include the name of the user who posted the comment. If the assignment has a manual posting policy, you may need to post grades and/or comments for students to receive a notification."

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post