cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmatson
Community Member

Where did the DocViewer annotation tools go?

Jump to solution

Where did the annotation tools go? These are docx files so it is not the file type. It does have an anonymous peer review but I didn't think that took away the DocViewer tools?

docviewer no tool bar

Thank you,

Karen

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@kmatson ‌, it is indeed due to the anonymous peer review. As described in How do I use peer review assignments in a course? , "Canvas DocViewer does not support anonymous comments, so it cannot be used for annotated feedback on assignments with anonymous peer reviews."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@kmatson ‌, it is indeed due to the anonymous peer review. As described in How do I use peer review assignments in a course? , "Canvas DocViewer does not support anonymous comments, so it cannot be used for annotated feedback on assignments with anonymous peer reviews."

kmcgrath
Community Participant

I understand how it works from the technology perspective, but it should not be that difficult to mask the reviewer's name AND allow annotations.  As an ESL instructor, peer reviews are basically useless if all they write is 1-2 sentences of global advice.  And even if the students can't, I should be able to annotate!  

At the very least, when "anonymous peer reviews" is checked, an alert to this effect should be displayed to the instructor.  I've already told my students that their work and reviews will be anonymous, and now I will have to backtrack.  

0 Kudos

I don't have anonymous reviewer on, but my DocViewer tools aren't there.  I want to comment on students' Word docs that are about 200 words long.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos