cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie_mccarty
Community Participant

Where do I find Media files Directly Uploaded to a Page?

Okay, so I saw that someone asked this question previous and it was marked "assumed answered" but the answer does not actually answer the question. So here is the questions again:
Where are the files that are uploaded directly onto a Canvas page, such as a video file, stored? I never knew that uploaded files were stored in different places. Sometimes, I upload a file directly to a page, and sometimes I upload it through the files. area, Now for the first time, I am seeing all these files that I have directly uploaded and I suppose since there are multiple copies because I did not know that they were being stored somewhere other than files, I would like to delete them. They are likely attached to pages in concluded courses, and I suppose i could go through all my concluded courses looking for them, but it would be faster and easier to just find them in a depository (which seems to exist) somewhere. I have already checked in My user files and in my various course files. There is no file labeled uploaded media in either of those places. How do I get to these files?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @julie_mccarty ...

Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered for such a long time.  I have some good news for you.  I am not sure if you follow the Canvas Release Notes space here in the Community, but not too long ago, a change was made so that you can now see the recorded media files in your course.  Specifically, this was released in the December 19, 2020 Canvas Release Notes.  Check out the section on "New Rich Content Editor: Upload Media File Placement".  Also, this short video might be of help to you: New Rich Content Editor: Uploaded Media File Place... - Canvas Community.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Julie.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.