Where do videos created from the Announcements page get stored?

Jump to solution
MS-CPS
Community Explorer

If you create a video in Canvas within the Announcements page (as recorded Media), where does the video get stored?

I am unable to find the announcement video within Studio or Files in my course.

I am interested in archiving all Announcement Videos (and not necessarily the announcement text).

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @MS-CPS ...

If you are following the instructions in this Guide to record your video in your course announcement, then the video is located in the "Uploaded Media" folder of your course "Files" screen.  (See the second bulleted item in the blue box under the "Notes:" heading.)  How do I record media using the Rich Content Edito... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)  I tested this out in my own sandbox course, and I was able to find the file in my "Uploaded Media" folder.  However, I'm not exactly sure what kind of file type it is...such as MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.  There doesn't seem to be a file extension on it.  And, when I downloaded the file to my computer, it also didn't contain a file extension.  (My file was under 2 MB in file size because I only recorded about 10 seconds on my webcam.)

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post