Where's my video?

Jump to solution
pavande1
Community Novice

I just recorded my first video for one of my modules. I'd like to use the same video in a different class's module. Where do I find the video so that I can use it again?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, pavande1...

One of our instructors asked a similar question a week or two ago.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy way to access the video to include it in another course if you recorded it directly in Canvas.  One option you might try is to copy that content page (where the video exists) to see if the video will also carry over to this course.  (I've not tried this myself, but it might work...in theory.)  If your school's local Canvas administrator has enabled the "Direct Share" Feature Option in your course, then you could try this:

Another option for you would be to use the Course Import Tool: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

If neither of these options work, you might want to consider recording your video offline and then uploading it to your course(s).

Finally, if your school has purchased Canvas Studio from Instructure, you could record your video there, and it would be added to your Studio library...where you can then embed that video in any of your courses.  

I hope this information will be of help to you, Pam.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes