cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamelafox62
Community Member

Where to upload Syllabus doc in Canvas?

Jump to solution

I am using Canvas for the first time and confused about where to upload the syllabus.  Is that supposed to be a file that gets posted as "landing page" or in "Syllabus" area??  Please advise.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @pamelafox62  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It seems to me that this is a "YMMV" (Your Mileage May Vary) question.  It may be the case for you that your school requires some kind of Syllabus document uploaded to the "Syllabus" page of your Canvas course, but that may not be true for other schools.  For example, at our technical college, we provide our instructors with a "Standardized Syllabus Template" Word document which instructors can download from our intranet site.  Then, they open up the file, fill in the missing pieces, and then upload that file to their "Syllabus" page in Canvas.  Your school might have a similar process, but you'd need to verify that to be sure.  I'm guessing that a local Canvas administrator at your school might be able to give you more information on this.  If you do end up loading a document to your "Syllabus" page, here are a handful of Guides that will help you along the way:

How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor? 

How do I edit the Syllabus description in a course? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12991-415265829 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Pamela.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @pamelafox62  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It seems to me that this is a "YMMV" (Your Mileage May Vary) question.  It may be the case for you that your school requires some kind of Syllabus document uploaded to the "Syllabus" page of your Canvas course, but that may not be true for other schools.  For example, at our technical college, we provide our instructors with a "Standardized Syllabus Template" Word document which instructors can download from our intranet site.  Then, they open up the file, fill in the missing pieces, and then upload that file to their "Syllabus" page in Canvas.  Your school might have a similar process, but you'd need to verify that to be sure.  I'm guessing that a local Canvas administrator at your school might be able to give you more information on this.  If you do end up loading a document to your "Syllabus" page, here are a handful of Guides that will help you along the way:

How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor? 

How do I edit the Syllabus description in a course? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12991-415265829 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Pamela.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post