Why Can't Instructors See Who "Likes" Announcements?

Jump to solution
rmillhouse
Community Member

I have noticed that there has been some discussion about instructors being able to see who likes an announcement or a post.  I assumed that I would be able to view this so I set up liking an announcement as a way to give extra credit for reading it (they would need to read to the end to see this was possible).  When I went back, I discovered that I cannot see who liked the post.  Now I've got to tell them no extra credit.  What is odd about that is that I can click on who likes any post here in these forums and it will tell me who liked it.  Obviously, this is not an issue of technology.  For some reason, the information is purposely anonymous.  So, I have three questions:

1. Why bother with the feature?  What value does it currently have?
  2. I've noticed that this was apparently voted on (and apparently rejected) more than once.  I tried to follow a link in one such discussion and was led to a moderated discussion that was not accessible to me (Cold Storage). What is the reason for not allowing instructors access to the information on who likes an announcement?
  3. Is there any chance we could be allowed to access this information in the future?  I would like to use this feature for just the purpose I layout above in the future.

Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution