Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lineencurtis

Why am I not authorised to view the discussions page?

Jump to solution

Tutor with Diabetes course, just starting this week (Module 6). Canvas is new to me, but when I clicked on the link sent to me by email from iheed, I was "Unauthorised". What do I do?

Noreen Lineen-Curits

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lineencurtis  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I am not sure about this course specifically, but we run into this from time to time at our institution as well.  The "unauthorized" message is commonly caused by a couple of different issues.  First, it could be that that discussion is not published yet.  Second, it could be that the link you were given is for a different/previous course in Canvas for which you are not enrolled.  

The best way to determine what is happening in your case specifically would be to contact the instructor or your course or the Canvas Administrator at your institution.  These individuals could look at your course and see if the link needs to be updated for the new course, if the content has yet to be published, or if something else is happening.  You could also consider contact Canvas Support so they could look at this course as well.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lineencurtis  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I am not sure about this course specifically, but we run into this from time to time at our institution as well.  The "unauthorized" message is commonly caused by a couple of different issues.  First, it could be that that discussion is not published yet.  Second, it could be that the link you were given is for a different/previous course in Canvas for which you are not enrolled.  

The best way to determine what is happening in your case specifically would be to contact the instructor or your course or the Canvas Administrator at your institution.  These individuals could look at your course and see if the link needs to be updated for the new course, if the content has yet to be published, or if something else is happening.  You could also consider contact Canvas Support so they could look at this course as well.

I hope this helps and best wishes!